DARE Network is looking for skilled volunteers to help us increase our capacity to provide comprehensive substance abuse prevention and treatment along the Thai/Burma border.
- Volunteers must be self-funded
- Experience in addiction is not necessary
- Due to the nature of our work, volunteers must must be responsible in their consumption of alcohol, not use illicit drugs or tobacco
- Volunteer assignments are typically 1 - 2 years. We also will consider a shorter placement individuals with a specific skill set
What We Are Looking For
- Assistance in managing external relations with other NGOs and CBOs, the DARE Network Advisory Board, and Funders
- Development and implementation of an effective inter-camp communication system
- Financial and management support including policy writing, strategic financial planning and fund raising
Volunteers Must Be
- Mature, healthy, gender sensitive, independent, team player, energetic, an effective communicator.
- Able to work in an unpredictable environment
- Aware that working with war affected people may also affect them
- Interested in supporting the Burmese people to make positive changes for themselves.
We Look for Volunteers With
- Experience with community non-profit or small business management
- Experience working in a cross cultural environment
- Experience in a management, financial management or project management setting
- Experience in fund raising
- Computer skills: word, excel and website management
For More Information